Let me tell you.  I never appreciated how much sleep impacts this stupid disease.  Thursday I was nauseated and couldn’t eat.  It was a combo of the fibro and the dental anxiety.  I had to see Dr. P anyway.  He gave me the nutritional IV and two vials of Valium to try to get the nausea and anxiety under control.  Friday I was nauseated because of the dentist.  I spent more time crying than every before.  I’m lucky to have a dentist who understands phobias.  He must have taken some psychology courses along the way or have some phobia of his own.

(as an aside, I wonder what the incidence rate of phobias is in the general population)

Friday night, after eating some yogurt (who wants to eat food after getting teeth pulled) I waited and then took my meds.  I don’t know if it was the pain meds or the antibiotic that did it, but they all (including my sleep meds) ended up in the toilet.  I  might has slept lightly for a while.  I did everything I know how to do to help me sleep.  Hell, I even got up, put on my ballet video and did that in hopes of making myself tired.  That just made me hurt (the good hurt, not the bad fibro hurt).

I showed up at my pdocs office at 9 basically in tears and not making any sense.  He managed to get the story out of me.  He put me in the treatment room, gave me 3 ativans and had the nurse start the IV.  The veins in my arms are so bad, they have to put it in my foot.  Then they have me an ampule (no idea the dosage, probably only about 5 mg a quick Google search tells me) of Valium.  When I was still awake a half hour later they gave me another one.  It was at that point I fell asleep.  They woke me up at 1 when they closed (it was Saturday after all) and I went home and fell in bed with my clothes on.

Last night I did sleep through the night.  I took some extra Trazodone.  Today (Sunday) I didn’t get up until 5.  I physically couldn’t do it.  I got dressed, went to a restaurant, ate a little bit and got the rest take out.

One night without sleep took me out for two days.  There has to be a way to get the nausea and vomiting under control.  It isn’t in my stomach.  It has to be in my brain.  The pain killer comes with something for my stomach as did the antibiotic.  I guess it’s a question to ask the doc tomorrow when I see him.

Now I’m going to feed Thing One and Thing Two (Thing One sneaked out the door when I came in and I hear this echoing meow and realized I locked her out, dork).  Then take my meds and get warm in bed.  We’re looking at a couple days of rain so I’m going to try really hard to do stretching to try to keep the pain down best I can.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s